Colour Wheel for Control4 is a unique driver from Janus technology providing a sleek, colourful, and intuitive web interface for Control4 RGB, RGBW and Tuneable White (WW) Lighting drivers.
Running as a service on any Control4 touchscreen supporting webview, this is more than just a driver, offering a totally new and hugely enriched user experience.
The screen is dominated by the spectacular colour wheel, which allows for the easy control of multiple lighting channels, adapting to type of light controller – RGB, RGBW, WW. There is support for 8 scenes per room, with on-screen visual scene colour indication, and simple selection. The interface complements the existing Control4 lighting screen and is selectable from any T3 or T4 touch screen.
v308 – 16th September 2021
- Added support for Govee RGB driver – available here.
v307 – 15th July 2021
- Added support for FutureNow RGB driver – available here.
- Added support for Zuma Lumisonic tunable white driver (Coming soon!).
- Changed dial indicator to white to improve visibility.
- RGBW fixtures now show white level mixed into colour feedback for scenes.
v306 – 11th June 2021
- Added support for Axxess DMC5 drivers – available here.
- Added support for Shelly IoT RGB/RGBW/CT drivers (Janus and Chowmain).
- Added support for Rako Light V2 RGB/RGBW drivers – available here.
- Improved feedback for many drivers, including Philips Hue.
v305 – 11th February 2021
- Added support for Fibaro RGBW drivers
v302 – 3rd December 2020
- Colour Wheel on iOS! You can now access Colour Wheel from your iOS device via safari and save it to the home screen, making it even easier to control your coloured light fittings. (see FAQ for details).
- Introducing Effects – Colour Wheel can now support up to 8 effects, such as run modes, colour fades and more! (See FAQ for full list of drivers that support effects).
v300 – 12th August 2020
- Introducing sorting – from within the webview experience, press on the sorting header to choose how to organise the compatible lights in your project.
- Overhaul of underlying functionality to bring you a smoother user experience.
The Colour Wheel driver itself is directly compatible with a number of existing lighting drivers, and the accompanying Enhanced Lighting Interface driver allows existing dimmers to group as RGB/RGBW/WW fixtures, making them compatible with Colour Wheel.
The following systems are currently supported, and the list is constantly growing:
- ArtNet DMX RGB/RGB-M (ExtraVeg, available from the C4 cloud)
- Aurora AOne (coming soon!)
- Axxess DCM5 (available here)
- Collingwood (available here)
- Converging Systems ILC-400C and ILC-100C (available from the C4 cloud)
- Domaudeo RGBW (available here)
- Fibaro RGBW (available from Control4)
- Govee (available here)
- KNX Coloured Lighting (available here)
- LiteWave wLightBox (available here)
- NexLux Wi-FI LED Strips (available here)
- Nicolaudie (available here)
- P5 FutureNow RGB (available here)
- Philips Hue (available from the C4 cloud)
- Rako Controls (Janus driver available here)
- Shelly IoT (Janus suite available here, Chowmain suite available here)
- TP-Link (available here)
- YeeLight (available here)
- Zuma Lumisonic (coming soon!)
- Adeo DALI/DMX *
- ArtNet DMX (ExtraVeg, NextGenTec) *
- Clipsal C-Bus *
- ColorBeam *
- Control4 Centralised Lighting*
- KNX *
- Lutron (Caesta, HomeWorks, LEAP, QS, RA2) *
- Rako (Control4, ExtraVeg drivers) *
- Vantage *
- Wiz *
*compatible via the Enhanced Lighting Interface driver