Control4 BMS Monitor is a unique driver from Janus technology for monitoring thermostat data and providing a simple web interface for viewing this. The driver allows key parameters from any thermostat in your project to be monitored (current temperature, setpoint, HVAC mode and HVAC state). Additionally outside temperature is obtained from an Internet service, together with a temperature forecast for the rest of the day.
The solution supports any thermostat proxy, v1 or v2 – no special thermostat drivers are required. Furthermore, no additional devices/interfaces are required – all data is stored directly on the main controller, and backed up in persistent memory, so it is preserved across power cycles and even system restores. Up to 30 days’ data (or 10K samples) are stored for each of the monitored elements with simple navigation between daily and weekly views.
The webview interface is compatible with any Control4 T3 touch screen.
You can also view the interface from any browser by navigating to the following URL, substituting in the IP address of your main processor;
v127 – 05/07/2021
- Added support for Shelly IoT EM, available here.
- Allow choosing custom colours and states for timeline variables.
- When viewing the yearly view of a bar graph, you can toggle between a window size of 1 day and 1 month.
- Displays usage for the viewed time period for bar graphs.
v123 – 18/02/2021
- Added support for Yatun Modbus generic monitor.
- Added support for Eaton energy sensor.
- Improvements with screen visibility and scaling type.
v120 – 29/01/2021
- Added support for Yatun Number Variable drivers.
- Added additional screen configuration options.
- Improved variable registration reliability
v117 – 10/12/2020
- Introducing customisable screens! Add your own screens to BMS Monitor, allowing comparison of any monitored variable within the same view.
- BMS Monitor on your phone! Mobile compatibility added via web browser, with support for adding a shortcut to your device’s home screen.
- Added additional icons to the screen icon selection
v116 – 14/10/2020
- Added device sorting mechanism – sort your devices alphabetically, by type, or icon type.
- Added compatibility with Control4 Z2IO and Z2C drivers.
v113 – 10-09-2020
- Added support for eGauge Monitor
- Added support for North Generic Monitor
- Added screen configuration popup, accessed by holding a device on the sidebar
- Screen configuration – added icon selector, adjustable Y axis limits, added view title & y axis label fields
- Outdoor Temperature & temperature forecast scale (C/F) taken from project properties
- Added text to indicate when there is no data to be displayed