Control4 BMS Monitor is a unique driver from Janus technology for monitoring thermostat data and providing a simple web interface for viewing this. The driver allows key parameters from any thermostat in your project to be monitored (current temperature, setpoint, HVAC mode and HVAC state). Additionally outside temperature is obtained from an Internet service, together with a temperature forecast for the rest of the day.
The solution supports any thermostat proxy, v1 or v2 – no special thermostat drivers are required. Furthermore, no additional devices/interfaces are required – all data is stored directly on the main controller, and backed up in persistent memory, so it is preserved across power cycles and even system restores. Up to 30 days’ data (or 10K samples) are stored for each of the monitored elements, with simple navigation between daily and weekly views.
The webview interface is compatible with any Control4 T3 touch screen.
You can also view the interface from any browser by navigating to the following URL, substituting in the IP address of your main processor;
v109 – 17/07/2020
- Added support for Flo by Moen driver suite (requires v1089)
v108 – 09/07/2020
- Added support for v1 thermostats
- Added monitoring for outdoor humidity
v106 – 20/06/2020
- Added support for HeroLabs Sonic water monitor
- Added support for utility metering with any KNX meter
- Added humidity support for thermostat drivers
What driver types are compatible with BMS Monitor?
- Thermostats (v1 and v2 proxy)
- HeroLabs Sonic (water consumption)
- Flo by Moen (water consumption)
- KNX Utility Meter (gas, water, electricity) COMING SOON
Which variables are monitored for thermostats?
Depending on the thermostat driver capabilities, the following variables can be monitored
- Setpoint C/F (single setpoint, or seperate Heat/Cool setpoints according to capabilities)
- HVAC Mode
- HVAC State
Additionally, the following data will also be visible alongside the aforementioned variables
- Outdoor temperature + forecast
- Outdoor humidity + forecast
I would like a new driver type / variable to be monitored
We are actively working on this solution to bring other data visualisations into Control4. Please contact us with any suggestions or if you have any specific requirements!